Twitter Goes Crazy With News of Michael Jackson Death - Celebrity Tweets

3:34 PM

(0) Comments


How did I get new of the death of Michael Jackson? Twitter. CNN started it with the cardiac arrest tweet, then TMZ confirmed his death with a tweet of their own. After that the Twitterverse went crazy! Some outlets are reporting that since the news broke Twitter updates are more than 7 minutes behind due to the huge outpouring of chatter, sadness, and mostly shock.

Celebrities with a Twitter account took to the site to write their feelings:

Ashton Kutcher @aplusk: I plea to the public to refuse to consume media that does not respect the anonymity of Michaels children.

Justin Timberlake @jtimberlake: he needed more words so he posted a link to his official blog
I can’t find the words right now to express how deeply saddened I am by Michael’s passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

John Mayer @johncmayer: Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player. I truly hope he is memorialized as the '83 moonwalking, MTV owning, mesmerizing, unstoppable, invincible Michael Jackson.

Lindsay Lohan @sevinnyne6126: NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..

Perez Hilton @PerezHilton: 1) It's days like this that put it all into perspective. If you're reading this right now, you are blessed to be alive. Hug your family. 2) Grieving is not entertainment. That does not need to be public. That adds nothing to the story. I won't be running any pics. Please follow.

Pete Wentz @petewentz: I haven't hope in so long that news isn't true. I have never felt this before in my life. I could measure my childhood 2 now on an mj growth chart. if this is true. Rip. The last legend.

Katy Perry @katyperry: Oh my God.

Britney Spears @britneyspears: He was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed. -Britney

Miley Cyrus @mileycyrus: michael jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Mandy Moore @TheMandyMoore: RIP michael jackson and farrah fawcett. what a tremendous loss in one day.... thoughts and prayers with their families and loved ones....

Kim Kardashian @KimKardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family! Music will never be the same...

Nicky Hilton @MissNickyHilton Praying for the Jackson family

Carson Daly @carsonjdaly: Very sad about king of pop. I feel weird.

Dita Von Teese @DitaVonTeese: I'm stunned and sad. I can't even say anything else becauase I don't really believe it right now.

Sarah Silverman @SarahKSilverman: Did you hear Michael Jackson's kids are free? That's not nice. I'm sorry. Ugh, I feel bad for saying that. LOOK A BLUE CAR!

Samantha Ronson @samantharonson: 1) say what you want about Michael Jackson's private life (just not near me) but NO ONE can deny his talent, his compassion and his legacy. 2)His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I'm sure it will remain so for generations to come.R.I.P.Mr Jackson

Travel Barker @trvsbrkr:I'm speechless, WTF?

Wyclef Jean @wyclef: Dam not Micheal I can't believe it yet! Michael Jackson was my music god, he made me believe that all things are possible and through positive music he will live forever. Some lost Elvis Presley and we lost Michael Jackson

Jordin Sparks @TheRealJordin: Omg I'm bawling right now. Michael.... My heart hurts. :( If u enter this world knowing u r loved & u leave this world knowing the same,then everything that happens in between can be dealt with-MJ

Shanna Moakler @ShannaMoakler: The hard thing about getting older is watching all those who inspired you pass, love to the jackson family...

Heidi Montag @heidimontag: the world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fans God bless. God rest his soul he will live on forever!

Spencer Pratt @spencerpratt: RT @MTV: King of Pop’s Death is confirmed by CNN @MTVBuzzworthy with your thoughts and memories of this music legend ! This is so sad!

Stephanie Pratt (is she a celebrity?) @stephaniepratt: Farrah fawcett and michael jackson this cant be a real day. This is so sad

Audrina Patridge @OfficialAudrina: Just heard the devastating news about the king of pop!! michael jackson!!! soo sad:( R.I.P

Emmy Rossum @emmyrossum: Michael Jackson RIP You will be so missed. You will never be forgotten.

Lily Allen @lilyroseallen: Is michael jackson dead ? No fucking way

Josh Groban @joshgroban: Definitely a "Where were you when..." day. Lost a great artist who had great demons. @theloosh said it...may he finally rest in peace.

Jewel @jeweljk: what the heck?! i cant believe whats going on today, just got caught up on the news! we have new angels- MJ and Farrah...sigh...

Joel Madden @JoelMadden: This is a sad day. Stop the gossip, stop the speculation. Take a moment for Micheal and remember his gift to us all. He was truly great. May he Rest in Peace.

Sean P. Diddy Combs @iamdiddy: Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!



I will try to update as the Tweets come.

0 Responses to "Twitter Goes Crazy With News of Michael Jackson Death - Celebrity Tweets"

Post a Comment